Saturday, January 28, 2012

DIY: Name-Photos

Remember when I first told you about Mia Nolting's name photos? Such a clever idea. I just now got around to making them into what I wanted! I know, I've been M.I.A for a week so this post better be good, right? :) So, I decided to go thriftin' and create some beautiful frames for these pictures. Take a peek.
You need to buy wooden frames to paint, or the paint might chip off. Antique stores, flea-markets, good-will's, and other second hand stores are fabulous for finding good solid frames. Since our remodel, we have tons of paint waiting to be used. I chose a heavy cream, pale blue, and dark brown. Last but not least...
There you have it! I paired the three frames together with a shelf and wall mirror - that will have to wait for another post. Turned out better than I expected. Happy weekend to you! We are off to the Rock and Worship Roadshow tonight with our youth group - they sometimes make me feel like I'm still a teeny bopper! Mia is "catching up" but I'm sure she will return soon. What a great gift for $1.

No comments:

Post a Comment